Pages

Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Nostalgia

Imagine the excitement of meeting your classmates & friends after 25 years! I registered myself on the yahoo groups and found, to my amazement, many of my childhood friends & classmates.
When I watched the pictures of my friends 25 years later, I got a weird feeling.
A while back, I had received a mail of the current Indian film celebrities with imaginary images of how they would look 25 years from now.
I got the same feeling looking at all these photographs. Etched in the mind were the images of my classmates and friends as they were 25 years ago. How could they look like this now? It was a like I was seeing a distorted version of my friends.
Though overjoyed at seeing them after all these years, I shudder at the vulnerability of human mortality.

0 comments: